Orthodox icon of The Most Holy Theotokos of "Harou) of the "Death" (2).
In this icon Theotokos in this icon is holding in Her hands the body of crucified Christ. The story about the original icon is unknown. The only thing that we know is that, around 1600, Monks from the Monastery of St John the Theologian in Patmos arrived at the island of Leipsoi in Greece and founded a new Monastery, they built the Church and they placed there this very unusual icon of Theotokos.
The tradition is not giving us any information about the icon, so we do not know if the Monks brought with them the icon or the icon was made there or the reason why they painted this icon. Very soon the icon became one of the most miraculous icons in Greece